Law enforcement fleets, including police, security, and traffic enforcement vehicles, require a versatile, reliable fuel. Propane can meet the performance needs of high-mileage, high-runtime vehicles that range from large, powerful police cruisers to smaller, more maneuverable scooters. Law enforcement agencies, which often custom-order vehicles, can request dedicated propane vehicles or propane bi-fuel vehicles as part of their ordering process. Law enforcement fleet operations are also conducive to centralized propane refueling.
- Reduce greenhouse gas emissions, nitrogen oxide, carbon monoxide, and particulate emissions in comparison to fleets fueled by gasoline.
- Promote environmentally friendly transportation throughout the community because of their high visibility.
- Ensure the reliable operation of essential emergency and security vehicles.
- Support the use of domestically produced fuel, decreasing reliance on foreign imports.
- Reduce fleet maintenance costs and increase engine life.
- Earn fleet operators an alternative fuel tax credit of 50 cents per every gallon of propane sold.