Are you still using your oven to cook your Thanksgiving turkey? Try something new this year and grill your turkey!! You’ll find it turns out to be even more tender & juicy than baking it in the oven. Here are the steps to grill up that bird this Thanksgiving:
- Use a 12 pound turkey (or less)
- Thaw turkey prior to grilling
- Use indirect heat – turn on one side of your grill and place the turkey on the other side
- Pre-heat your grill to 350 degrees
- Lightly oil the grill’s grate
- Brush the skin of the turkey with oil or butter to avoid sticking and add seasonings of your choosing
- Cook until the thigh meat registers 165 degrees (this generally takes 2-3 hours)
- Rotate the turkey several times; be careful – it’s hot!
- Avoid opening the lid – conserve the heat
Looking for some recipes? Check these out from allrecipes.com:
Have you grilled your turkey before? We’d love to hear your stories, tips & recipes in our comments below!
Need a cylinder to power that grill on Turkey Day? Find the closest retailer to you!